Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cardinal Timothy Dolan warns of bad publicity coming his way : Lifestyles

By Lilly Fowler

image

"My home archdiocese of St. Louis just complied with a court order to release the documents regarding cases there of sexual abuse of minors...

Anyway, since I was an auxiliary bishop in St. Louis for a year (2001-02), and vicar for priests for nine of those twelve months, I would anticipate that my name will again be highlighted in the press.  I sure have nothing to hide..."  

The reason it's a bit peculiar Dolan should warn of bad publicity is because as the Post-Dispatch's reporting has highlighted, the files he refers to are under court seal, available only to the judge and lawyers involved. And the trial date for the case that spurred the release of the files has been pushed back -- to July.

Read the entire story by clicking on the followingCardinal Timothy Dolan warns of bad publicity coming his way : Lifestyles

No comments:

Post a Comment